- William is joined by Glenn.
Owner/Operator of Podcast17.
Glenn (aka. HecticGlenn) —
Writer at Halflife2.net.
- William McMahon
- Interview is with Gabe and Kutta.
Founder/Managing Director of Valve Software.
Software Developer at Valve Software.
- Gabe Newell
Topics Discussed (but not limited to)
- No new Episode Three information.
- Steam as a social platform.
- Steam for mobile devices.
- Source SDK and Portal 2 Authoring Tools
- DirectX 9, 10, 11
- Will GoldSource be released under GPL
- Portal 2 ARG
- Valve’s first steps into a non-fps genre.
- Ideas and backstory behind the Crowbar.
- What Gabe and Kutta do in their free time (besides knives).
Portal 2 SDK Clarification.
Kutta gave a clarification on the SDK question after the interview:
The Portal 2 Authoring Tools were released in beta form a few weeks back. We anticipate a non-beta release soon which includes some useful fixes. As I mentioned in the interview, there are currently no plans to release the source code for total conversions at this time since the authoring tools allow you to create a huge variety of maps and gameplay experiences without creating any new entity types. So, if by “Portal 2 SDK” you mean the authoring tools, then those are already out in beta form and will come out in non-beta form soon.
Here’s the blog post where we released the tools:
The Valve Swag, courtesy of Valve Software:
Eets Keys, courtesy of Steam Contests:
justinshowers, dogboy416, JayBirdSupreme, rya2012, combinecpu.
Total entries: 413