#206 Show Notes
Co-Hosts: Vic, Patrick and Emanuel.
Time: September 22nd 10AM EDT (-4 UTC)
- New youtube videos:
- Let’s play Black Mesa Source (playlist)
- All episodes are finished recording and processed, just need to upload them. Should be done by the recording time of episode 206 -- however I might upload some other let’s plays before finishing uploading BMS.
Podcast 17 News
- New experimental format
- UPDATED Podcast 17's Sidecasts Website
- New & updated social media sites Facebook , Twitter, and Google+
- Check out our brand-new parody account The Potato
- Looking for people who want to be writers, Hosts/co-hosts, reviewers, video creators, content creators, coders, musician, and website developers
Follow-Up & Errata
- William shares his recent love of “Ready player one”
- Black Mesa Source again
- Black Mesa Source Sound mod, replaces the HECU voices and fvox and a few other things
- Pre-work assigned to Vic.
- More information from the Valve Hardware Team
- Seems Jeri is working on hardware/controller prototypes to be used in the living room
- Is valve working on a controller? Looks like it!
- First product in beta in the coming year
- Hardware betas? How does that work?!
- Pre-work assigned to Patrick.
- Robin Walker says TF2’s secondary goal is to serve as a test bed for Valve, primarily TF2 was a test bed for MMO trends. The idea was that Valve was thinking of releasing an MMO but didn’t have the skills to do it yet, so they incorporated some of the features into TF2
- Years later microtransactions were a big thing, so again TF2 came into play
- Again free to play got popular so TF2 stepped up
- TF2 as a “tool” and not just a game
- Prework assigned to Emanuel
When Money Meets Modding: Are free mods destined to die out in favour of casual games, sold through platforms like Desura and Kickstarter for 'nickels and dimes'? Is the "modding for modding's sake" era finally over? Say it isn't so! - Henry Swanson
- Kickstarter changing the rules
- Robert Yangs newest article “A Peoples History of the FPS”
- Chivalry Release Date
Other From the Mouth of Valve
- Valve gets a new toy from Weta
- L4D Steam Workshop
- Normal steam workshop jazz
- Also including a script editor for people to make their own mutations
- There’s some hidden message in here... says it will be availble for Linux users “starting middle of next month” could the linux version of steam be coming out then?
Other Releases and Updates
- Typical Disaster for HL1
- Hopefully William will have a let’s play by the podcast
- This is an “alternate ending” from the original typical disaster, so if you are going to play the lost levels make sure you play the original first.
- Super Jump Panic
- This was released last week, hopefully William will have a let’s play of this sometime this week
Other Discussion Topics
- German Consumer Agency Warns Valve over Steam EULA Changes.
- In response to the recent EULA changes which states that Valve is “exempt from the recent digital laws in europe” the German Consumer Agency has issued a desist notice.
- To put it in Glenns words “Will Valve Cave?” Is this warranted... does software resales on Steam actual make consumer senses? Who is this good for?
- Few mods have been “greenlighted” on steam, some include Black Mesa Source. What do you think of this development?
Post-Show Play Session
Get a chance to play a game with the cast and crew of P17. Join us in our mumble server (18.104.22.168:2812) to talk with us after the show. Feel free to come back during the week and talk/play with other community members.