#205 Show Notes
Co-Hosts: John, Jon, and Patrick
Time: Saturday, September 15th - 7:00 pm GMT
Host and Co-host specific notes are displayed like this
Free range segment where you talk about what mods/games you have been playing or just anything of interest.
- New youtube videos:
Podcast 17 News
Does not have to be described in detail. Just mentioning everything will be sufficient for the experimental format.
- New experimental format
- UPDATED Podcast 17's Sidecasts Website
- New & updated social media sites Facebook , Twitter, and Google+
- Check out our brand-new parody account The Potato
- Looking for people who want to be writers, Hosts/co-hosts, reviewers, video creators, content creators, coders, musician, and website developers
Follow-Up & Errata
- EA tried to buy Valve (Non-entirely true, at one point they ay have discussed it but a lot of what was said as quotes has been labelled false)
From the Mouth of Valve
- CSGO Update 9/14 - New CSGO store items
- New SFM kickstarter
- The first 10 titles from Greenlight that will be on Steam
- Choose your own game install paths
- Source Code 2007 Leaked
- TF2 wants your Halloween workshop items!
Releases and Updates
- Black Mesa Source is released
Make your own discussions (whatever you want, questions or broad topics [Such as Source 2]) You can have fun with it and make it your own
- Source 2007 licensees' codebase briefly leaked by a Russian CS forum on Wednesday. Does not include new Episode Three info, but reportedly contains hidden code for Portal, '07 era TF2, TF2 Invasion, and CS: Source.
- “Personally think biggest tech-related losses would be the code for Portal and the Counter-Strike bot.” What do you think? -J*Rod
- A few mods have been “greenlighted” on steam, some include Black Mesa Source. What do you think of this development?
- Some free-to-play FPS shooter clone from Asia cloned Counter-Strike's dust2. Easy discussion topic: Is this okay with you? If it is, when will it stop being okay? What if the free-to-play shooter cloned some more of Counter-Strike's maps? What if it also cloned survival maps from L4D2 or even HL2:DM? -Zonbie
- "Why aren't more mods modifiable?" - Mods are about community, sharing and mopenness; yet why does Modding Culture hardly ever seem to allow mod Assets (art, code, sounds etc.) to be freely re-used by others? What can we do to improve this situation? - Henry Swanson
- When Money Meets Modding: Are free mods destined to die out in favour of casual games, sold through platforms like Desura and Kickstarter for 'nickels and dimes'? Is the "modding for modding's sake" era finally over? Say it isn't so! - Henry Swanson
- Companion Cube Cake -Mangley
Post-Show Play Session
Get a chance to play a game with the cast and crew of P17. Join us in our mumble server (22.214.171.124:2812) to talk with us after the show. Feel free to come back during the week and talk/play with other community members.