#201 Show Notes
Co-Hosts: John S. Vic
Time: Saturday, Aug. 18th at 6pm GMT
Host and Co-host specific notes are displayed like this
All Hosts and Co-Hosts must read “How to Host an Episode of Podcast 17” before coming on the show. The host needs to read chapter 1 but all hosts/cohosts must read Chapter 2 and 3. Remember to read the tips at the bottom of the agenda... they are a summary of the changes being enacted for this episode.
Free range segment where you talk about what mods/games you have been playing or just anything of interest.
- New youtube videos:
Podcast 17 News
Does not have to be described in detail. Just mentioning everything will be sufficient for the experimental format.
- New experimental format
- Do not post news/discussion topics as comments on rough agendas, use the “Suggest Discussion Topic” button so it can easily be reviewed and added to the agenda.
- Taking submissions for sidecasts.podcast17.com
- Contact thelastlambda or firstname.lastname@example.org for details
- Check out our brand-new parody account The Potato
- Looking for people who want to be writers, Hosts/co-hosts, reviewers, video creators, content creators, coders, musician, and web site developers
Follow-Up & Errata
- Pre-order Counter-strike:GO + Updates
- 10% discount + beta
- Full Aug 14th change log on the blog
From the Mouth of Valve
- Major Steam Client Updates
- False rumors of HL3 getting announced at Gamescom
- The Saxxy Awards (http://www.teamfortress.com/saxxyawards2012/)
Releases and Updates
- Team Fortress 2 Mann vs Machine Update
Make your own discussions (whatever you want, questions or broad topics [Such as Source 2]) You can have fun with it and make it your own
- Was Mann vs Machine good enough to make a stale genre exciting again?
- What is going on with the gamescom fiasco? Is it simple hype reignition, a genuine cock up or a farcical attempt to cover a surprise reveal?
- What is keeping us so enticed in HL3 what can possibly keep us interested after all these years. Is nostalgia the only thing people are still holding onto, a need for closure? Are we really as interested as we think we are?
- Can CS GO attract an audience on consoles in a market saturated with high speed action military shooters?
- With Origin being announced for Mac, is origin slowly becoming a real potential threat to the steam empire?
Water Cooler Chat
Here is where you can just discuss anything you want that you feel will be engaging to the audience.
- Agent Red Productions is closing its doors indefinitely
Post-Show Play Session
Get a chance to play a game with the cast and crew of P17. Join us in our mumble server (126.96.36.199:2812) to talk with us after the show. Feel free to come back during the week and talk/play with other community members.
Tips to Remember!
- Make sure to complete your BIO for the new Staff page by August 5th.
- Discuss! It is okay to derail a little and get off topic, thats what makes it interesting instead of just sticking to a script.
- Please remember discussions are BACK and FORTH conversations, going around in a circle, asking people’s opinions, and then moving on is not discussing. Discussion may mean X talks for 5 minutes, Y rebuts for 3 minutes, X rebuts for another 5 minutes, and then Z interjects with his own opinion different from the previous two.
- Things to remember after the 15 minute mark no more news talk. I’ll be timing it but if I am not there the host should be doing the same.
- Read the mandatory reading on how to debate and speak.
- Also this document will eventually go live on the rough agenda page so please do not screw it up or all editing privileges will be revoked.
- Remember to mention the non-noteworthy news BUT don’t talk about it
- Talk about your own experiences/ new games “Heads Up”
- Try to keep the show between 60 to 75 minutes