Transmission Code: 8993
In this episode we conduct an interview with TB Biggs and Spy from Strider Mountain and introduce our first guest speaker, Nopk from Planet Half-Life. We also contemplate video games as art, speak a little about this weeks blast from the past, name our first website of the week, ask why people seem to think the modding community is dying and much more, listed below.
We deeply apologize for the insane amount of Window Beeps. Unfortunately we noticed the recording PC was doing this AFTER we recorded the podcast. We promise this will never happen again; we do have a backup, but the sound quality was much worse so we figured the Windows Beeps were barable. Once again we are deeply sorry. We promise after about 10mins into the podcast the Beeps are fewer inbetween.Â
Extended Show Notes
If you hover over a listed topic it should show the time it happened. It’s not much use if you’re listening with the inline stream but could be of use if you download the show or use iTunes (or Songbird!).
Thank you to “the grand finale” for suggesting the timestamps. They were added as an afterhtought here but we will be extending it more in future show notes.
- 00:00:00 – Introduction.
- 00:01:04 – Nopk introduces himself.
- 00:01:48 – Information about podcast17.com – Email address email@example.com and contest winner information.
- 00:03:20 – Back to Nopk and his history with Half-Life, Counter-Strike, PHL.
- 00:04:22 – TramRide and a brief discussion about Half-Secret.
- 00:05:10 – Introductions to Half-Life.
- 00:06:42 – Early connectivity of Half-Life. WON and GameSpy Arcade.
- 00:08:47 – Singleplayer vs. Multiplayer communities. What is Singleplayer and story telling?
- 00:09:46 – Are video games Art?
- 00:14:14 – Podcast competition information. Meaning behind the name.
- 00:16:55 – Week’s News.
- 00:17:06 – Left 4 Dead Achievements
- 00:20:11 – Left 4 Dead in Time’s Square & Left 4 Dead Publicity.
- 00:22:13 – Growing a community.
- 00:23:48 – More Half-Secret.
- 00:29:15 – Small discussion about skipping uneventful parts of games.
- 00:32:17 – Back to Half-Secret.
- 00:33:18 – Half-Life 1 on Hard.
- 00:34:18 – Half-Life Decay.
- 00:40:25 – OMFG, ZOMBIES! LOL!
- – 00:44:55Strider Mountain Interview with TB Biggs and Spy.
- 00:71:52 – Mods in Magazines.
- 00:72:35 – Blast from the Past: Heart of Evil
- 00:74:35 – A discussion about non-linear modifications.
- 00:78:26 – Question discussion: “Why does everyone think the mod community is dying?”.
- 00:87:33 – Natural Selection Source and a rant about Flayra.
- 00:90:35 – Trivia Question. “Who is Dyson Poincare?”
- 00:91:37 – Website of the week: Necromanthus.com‘s Half-Life Reloaded.
- 00:94:45 – Closing comments.
- 00:96:58 – Final Question of the Day “How many of you have sat through an entire Half-Life game in one sitting?”