Transmission Code: 10909
A few changes this week. We’ve split up the Half-Life news round-up section into more specific subsections and put together a new intro which still needs more refining.
We created a ModDB group as another way for people to get updates. Thank you to ModDB for the support during the creation of the group and help with posting last weeks show.
Our forums moved to HLCreations and we opened up an irc channel.
Also, the show was broadcast live for the first time this week thanks to HLCreations. It wasn’t perfect, so apologies to those who listened live about the occasional dead air and unbalanced voice levels on the live stream. Both of those issues were our fault rather than HLCreations.
Extended Show Notes
- 00:01:15 – William, Ackart – ragnorakarena source, Thomas half-lifecreations.com, DuckSauce & PhanracK from Fragout.
Podcast 17 News
- 00:03:30 – Live on Half-Life Creations now 10AM EST every Sunday.
- 00:04:00 – IRC Channel: #podcast17 irc.gamesurge.net.
- 00:04:30 – Forums have been relocated to Half-Life Creations.
- 00:05:00 – Podcast 17 ModDB profile online.
- 00:05:30 – Rebellion Discussion.
Straight from the Mouth of Valve
- 00:09:00 – L4D Update (no SDK), exploit fixes + versus changes.
- 00:10:15 – Steam update / Internet browsing in game.
- 00:12:15 – Legacy Single Player.
- 00:16:15 – Custom Coop Demo Released.
- 00:19:45 – Fireguns 1.4.3 Released.
- 00:22:15 – HDHL from playground.ru
- 00:25:00 – Scientist Slaughter House Mod Messup Beta 2.
- 00:30:15 – Smashball 0.9.2 Released with Stat Tracking.
- 00:31:15 – Jailbreak Source Deathball Video.
- 00:34:00 – Age of Chivalry announced a release date: Feb 20th.
- 00:35:00 – Future of Suicide Survival.
- 00:36:50 – Zombie Panic Source Media release.
- 00:39:00 – Dead before Dawn Trailer.
Topic of the Week (Scientist Slaughter House)
- 00:40:15 – Thomas talks about SSH and DoD1.3.
- 00:40:45 – Ackart is speechless.
- 00:41:00 – Ducksauce and PhanracK choose Left 4 Dead.
- 00:41:15 – William Chooses SSH or the MOTY awards.
Blast from the Past
- 00:41:45 – Day of Defeat 3.1Beta.
- 00:45:30 – Interview with DuckSauce and PhanracK from Fragout.
- Introduction to Fragout
- Grenade Abilities
- Various Gameplay Modes
- Fragout Maps
- Future of Fragout
- How can people start their own mod?
Listener audio Questions
- 00:53:45 – Com-Rante asks what colour are our cats.
- 00:55:15 – Phillip asks “What is the most innovative or interesting game play mechanic we’ve played over the past couple of months”.
- 00:59:15 – Alex asks “what should happened with unfinished mods?”.
Last Minute Interview
- 01:02:30 – Thomas interviews Ackart and his newest project Paradigm Shift.
- Why is it called Paradigm Shift?
- What direction is Paradigm Shift going in?
- What will set Paradigm shift apart from other mods?
- What should the player be aware of?
- 01:10:15 – Wrap-up