What is this?
Close Inspection is a series of side episodes headed by Nick (aka. Bluefire) and Max (aka. Yogthulhu). In each episode they are joined by a guest host to discuss a single modification or game, each giving their overall opinion of it at the end.
For this episode they are joined by Danboe to talk about Nightmare House 2, a horror themed modification for HL2:Ep2.
Extended Show Notes
- 00:00:58 · Nick and Max are joined by Danboe.
Nick (aka. Bluefire) —
Max (aka. Yogthulhu) —
Dan (aka. Danboe) —
- Nick (aka. Bluefire) —
- 00:01:35 · Max gives an introduction of his purpose on the show.
- 00:02:10 · Max introduces NH2 and goes through community information.
- 00:08:40 · Design.
- 00:10:40 · Code and Weapons.
- 00:13:10 · Homages to other horror games.
- 00:16:25 · A.S.S. – Automatic Scare System
- 00:19:00 · Heads-Up Display and Interface.
- 00:19:50 · Flashlight and Darkness.
- 00:23:00 · Textures.
- 00:23:45 · Player Models.
- 00:25:56 · Voice Acting.
- 00:28:10 · AI Interaction.
- 00:31:10 · The One thing you think needs improvement.
- 00:34:10 · Gibbing.
- 00:35:50 · The One thing you thought was perfect.
- 00:39:42 · Wrap-up.
Are you looking for feedback?
Yes, definitely. We’re already talking about ways to refine the episode structure, so any feedback would be helpful.
We don’t have our own intro music yet so Wililam added one of the P17 tracks, we’re aware that it’s too long.
As mentioned towards the end of the episode, Close Inspection isn’t 100% final as the name. Max suggested Trail by Bluefire, Moderated Discussion and Mod Close-up; any feedback or new suggestions are welcome.