I would like to start broadcasting video streams during our live recording. Hundreds of fans have asked for this over the years and I finally want to make the switch.
In order for this to be possible I need the help of a few videographers. Allow me to explain the position and then you can decide whether you are interested or right for the job:
- The videographer will be in the Skype call during the recording, but he/she will not be a co-host. They will be a silent partner (like Nic), passively listening while doing their duties on the live stream.
- The videographer will be connected to some sort of live streaming medium, livestream, justin.tv, ustream, whatever we decide in the meetings. They will stream video and audio of their desktop (this includes the audio coming from the Skype call – however the Skype audio needs to be much louder than the rest).
- The videographer will follow the agenda and display various trailers, media, news posts, etc.
- The videographer will also display co-hosts webcams during “in-between moments” and “intro moments”
- During the releases and updates section the videographer will try their best to go in-game and record singleplayer/multiplayer action.
This means the videographer must be quick with their hands and able to switch what the video is focusing on very quickly. We can go through media pretty quick on Podcast 17. The videographer must also have a fairly decent and stable Internet connection as they will be recording for at least 1 hour 30 mins per week.
We are going to try to get multiple videographers, but one will be the primary and the others will be standby unless the primary can’t attend. We will have various meetings in the coming two weeks to decide on the best way to carry out this task and do various trial runs.
It would be good if you had experience with live streaming and already have the tools to do it. The experienced ones can hopefully help me make decisions on how best to accomplish this as I have very little experience.
If you are interested in joining the team and pushing Podcast 17 into a new medium please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
It should also be noted that the video stream WILL NOT replace the audio stream, in fact we will be having both at the same time. Folks who like the high bit rate audio stream will still be able to listen the old fashioned way, but the video stream will… have video, but at a lesser quality bit rate.
No word yet on if the video will be available after the recording, for now it’s just for the live show.
Thanks for your support!